Health care services for routine and minor emergency medical care are provided by the Orange Medical Center, Orange Family Physicians and University Physicians, Wilderness Medical Center, and several general practitioners. There are no full-service hospitals in the county; however, the UVA Medical Center recently opened a 23,000 square foot facility in the Town of Orange that offers dialysis, cardiology, radiology, pediatrics, obstetrics, and dermatology services. Referrals for conditions requiring further attention are made to regional hospitals: Culpeper Memorial Hospital, Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, the University of Virginia Medical Center, and Martha Jefferson Hospital in Charlottesville. In the event of an emergency, medical helicopters operated by the University of Virginia Medical Center are also available to the county.
- Orange County Health Department (Orange)
- Orange Family Physicians (Orange)
- Orange Medical Center, University Physicians (Orange)
- Wilderness Medical Center, Culpeper Medical Associates (Locust Grove)
- Culpeper Regional Hospital (Culpeper)
- Mary Washington Healthcare/Mary Washington Hospital (Fredericksburg)
- University of Virginia Health System (Charlottesville)
- Martha Jefferson Hospital (Charlottesville)
Elderly Care & Assisted Living Services
Orange County residents have access to a number of nursing homes and adult care residences in the area, many located within a 20-mile radius of the Town of Orange. They provide nursing, rehabilitation services and assisted living.
- Amerisist Assisted Living (Orange)
- Dogwood Village of Orange County (Orange)
- The Madison (Orange)
- The Village at Gordon House (Gordonsville)