Orange County is committed to supporting the area’s economic development goals. To this end, there has been participation in local, state and federal incentives policies by the Orange County Economic Development Authority and the Orange County Board of Supervisors for many years. Our goal is for the incentives we provide to make good economic sense for both the citizens of Orange County and the businesses located in Orange, existing and new. The primary considerations for incentives are the intrinsic value of the project to the industrial/business base in Orange County, number of employees, average annual wages, total annual payroll, and amount of investment.
If you are considering an expansion or new location in Orange County, please contact the Office of Economic Development at (540) 672-1238 to learn more.
Commonwealth’s Development Opportunity Fund and Other State Incentives
- Commonwealth’s Development Opportunity Fund (COF)
- Virginia Investment Partnership Act
- The Virginia Economic Development Incentive Grant (VEDIG)
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP)
- Economic Development Access Program
- Rail Industrial Access Program
- Transportation Partnership Opportunity Fund
- Virginia Small Business Financing Authority (VSBFA)
To learn more about incentive programs and opportunities in Orange County, please visit these resources: